Thursday, April 3, 2008

4.3.2

7 years ago today Dave and I were vacationing in Cancun and he asked me to marry him. We were staying at a hotel right on the beach and having so much fun as it was our first vacation as a couple (not counting a weekend trip to San Diego). We had just went out to dinner and went back to our hotel bar to have a drink. Actually, if you know me I am not a big drinker, or a drinker at all for that matter, but I knocked back a few while we were there. Dave had a couple of shots of tequila. I would soon find out this was in hopes that he would get the nerve up to ask me. He then asked if I would like to go for a walk on the beach. This is where he popped the question. I'll save you all the mushy details. Looking back on that perfect night, I don't think the proposal was something Dave had "planned" to do. Not that it means any less to me. He had no idea what he was getting himself into!

Fast forward one year to the day. We were again on a beautiful beach, this time in Maui, Hawaii, exchanging our vows. One of the best days of my life.
Happy 6th Anniversary Sugar. You are truly the best Husband and Father a girl could ever hope for. Thank you for being so patient, kind, and wonderful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet proposal. You will have to ask Kristy how Mark proposed to me......

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful photo. I must say your wedding was probably the prettiest weddings I have ever been to...I want to go back...maybe Stacey will get married on an Island. =)

Kristy said...

Ohhhhhhh, how sweet!! Happy Anniversary! You 2 are a match made in heaven!!!!