Thursday, January 3, 2008

Growth Spurt Galore

So, I have always heard of "growth spurts". You know, the first couple of months of life a baby has a growth spurt at 1 month, 2 months, 4 month, blah, blah, blah. Of course, there have been times that Marlee has slept and ate a lot, way more than usual. Chock it up to a growth spurt, right? I guess I never really realized what this actually is, until today..
Ethan got Marlee a cute little one piece jumpsuit (not the outfit in the pic), size 6-9 months, for Christmas. I wash it and Marlee wears it for the first time on Friday the 28th (Dada's Birthday!). It's, of course, kind of long, so I roll the bottom cuff, about 1" and as always she looks adorable..=)
Fast forward to this week. She had a rough Saturday and Sunday, not wanting to sleep (I think she is teething). Come Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday ALL my little girl seemed to do was sleep.
So today after her bath, I am getting her dressed in the same cute outfit she wore a mere SIX days ago and to my surprise it fits JUST RIGHT. Not even a fraction of a centimeter too long. I have now witnessed what I am to assume is a growth spurt. At this rate she is going to be wearing 9-12 month clothes by February.
I am anxiously awaiting her 6 month check-up on the 14th to know just how much she has grown.
Dave always wanted a basketball player...
She looks so big..this pic was taken the first time we put her in real shoes. She stands up so good with them on.
On another note, I am finally getting her eczema under control. It started on her face and she started getting dry patches on her body. It looked awful and I tried so many different creams that just weren't cutting it. I bought the Mustela eczema line and put a humidifier in her room and her face is looking MUCH better. I am leaning toward her having some type of environmental allergy based on her flare ups. Another question for the doc.
Stay tuned for Marlee Kay's 6 month post next week.

1 comment:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Waaaaaah! I remember those tiny little shoes on Shenzie's feet. She is SO BIG! Growth spurts are crazy..I've never witnessed one as clear as that though.
I guess I better get hopping on getting you the next round of clothing. Pretty soon she'll be wearing the same size as my midget. =)

What is the musela line and where can I get it? Heaten and Shenzie both have really dry, red patches and Aveeno isn't cutting it.

She is adorable! Ummm..when are we having a playdate?