Sunday, January 13, 2008

Six Months

I am not sure where to even begin this post.

My daughter is SIX months old. I know I say it every month, but I truly cannot believe that Marlee has been a part of my life for six months. It seems so much longer and shorter all at the same time..Does that make any sense?
Well, I guess I will start with her six month check up with her doctor.
At six months, Marlee measures 28 inches long-80 percentile
and weighs 20 pounds-75 percentile

The appointment went well. Other than her poor bout of eczema that I can't get a hold on, Marlee is perfect. She's been teething and currently has four teeth that are so ready to break through! Oh how I will miss her smile full of gummies!

This past month has definitely brought on the most change. Marlee has slowly become this delightful, blissful, lively little person just full of spunk and personality. So full of smile and laughter..it is contagious. It is so amazing to watch her grow and experience new things everyday.
Okay, enough of the sap.
This past month Marlee rolled from her back to her belly (December 23). She rolls onto her belly, kicks her feet, and gets upset because she can't actually go anywhere. It's like she forgot how to roll back onto her back. Uncle Brad taught Dave and I how to hold her legs still and this gives her the ability to "scoot". Dada does this with her and she loves it. She has also started sleeping on her belly, but only occasionally. I will admit, this does freak Mama out just a little bit.
Getting Ready to Roll..

While we are on the subject of sleep..Dave and I did it, we finally did it. Marlee now sleeps in her crib at night! I told Dave, there is never going to be a time when I feel ready to move her into her own room at night. He had to be the strong one in this situation because I just couldn't do it. So, on December 22, I went out to do some last minute Christmas shopping after dinner. When I got home, Marlee was sleeping peacefully in her crib and I did it. I left her there..ALL NIGHT. The first couple of nights were rough but we all managed. And I must admit, Marlee sleeps so well in her crib. Dave and I have got a good bedtime routine which involves bottle, story and bed. Most nights she falls right to sleep.
What else..?

Marlee started solids! So many people could not believe that we waited this long to start solids and I am unsure as to why this is? The recommended age for starting solids is six months, people!
Back to solids. On December 30 Marlee got her first vegetable, acorn squash. Next we moved to sweet potatoes, which she is currently on her third day of. For anyone that doesn't know, I am a total control freak. Therefore, I'm making Marlee's baby food. Really, there is not much to it.



Marlee's new favorite thing is bouncing or jumping (not quite sure what to call it-as I won't post what it really looks like she's doing). Whether she is on the ground, getting a diaper change, or being held up by Dada or me, she does this little inch worm bounce. It's no wonder she loves the stationary jumparoo Santa brought her for Christmas. We put her in that thing and she jumps..and jumps..and jumps. All the while with a big smile plastered on her face. Forget the toys surrounding this contraption..Marlee just wants to jump!


Marlee still loves the Bubba's. She just can't get enough of them. I'll lie her on the ground and Cooper or Mollie will come over and give her a sniff or snort (or try to *sneak* off with one of her toys). Marlee thinks this is comical. She will just see one of the dogs and start laughing. Once she reaches for one of them, it's over. They're gone.



Anything within reach Marlee grabs at. Whether it be my hair, face, the arm of the couch, the area rug, her bottle, etc. She loves to *feel* and scratch at different textures. I could watch her teenie, tiny hand grab and feel something new all day long. I sometimes close my eyes and do the same, experiencing the touch of all the different objects and textures that she is experiencing.

Marlee has definitely found her voice. I am tempted to call it talking..well, not really. There are squeals, shouts, sighs, and high pitched screams that come out of her sweet mouth these days.

When I read through her monthly updates, there is already so much that has been forgotten... So many things I will miss..but that's another post!

So many nights I will go in Marlee's room and watch her sleep, so peaceful. What could she be dreaming about?
The reality of my life still hits me like a ton of bricks at times..in a good way.

My 2 Favorite People..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this age. This is when they really start getting fun. I love how the laugh and talk. It is the greatest. Mark always had ours in their crib at 6 weeks. I think they do sleep better in their rooms, but it is hard to let them go. Love her!! I am so JEALOUS!!!

Dara & the Boys said...

Cute post and pictures Ang. Hold on to your seatbelts cuz when they get 6months old it just seems like it's almost impossible to keep up with every new developement. It's one of my favorite stadges. I'm with Kristy y... very enviousness

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Oh Ang, she is so sweet and adorable and big and cute and BIG! (HOLY CRAP at 28 inches...umm Shenzie bear is 15 months and only 29 inches) What a wonderful letter. I cannot believe she is 6 months old. I know excactly what you mean on how short and long it seems at the same time. Now the fun really begins. You will see her just explode with new things and personality. You are very lucky and blessed. (we all are for that matter) =)

Kristy said...

Wow!! She is sooooo precious!! I love her in that hat! Her and the bubba's will have a love/hate relationship I'm sure!! Very sweet letter to your little Marlee! I can't believe she is 6 months old! I know it is sad it goes so fast, but it is so much fun going through each new stage, you are so good about enjoying every precious moment! I have regrets because I didn't do that! It is truely bitter sweet watching them grow! There will be a day my kids won't want me to sit on the floor & play, that makes me sad! We love you Marlee Moo!!