Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let the Fun Begin..or Not

The fun has ended. School starts today..yipee, not really.
Of course, I am upset with myself because I had quite a long "to do" list (yes, I am a list person-the OCD coming out in me) during my winter break and I did not get everything accomplished. I could blame it on the holidays, company, Dave being off for two weeks, being a new Mama, blah blah blah, but if I'm being completely honest I just did not want to do it. What could be more enjoyable than spending my days in my Mama bubble. Today's list consists of (but not limited to ):
-Clean off my desk and school shelf in the office.
-Go to the campus to get my books.
-Make an appointment with a counselor to find out what I need to do to apply for my degree.

I am already counting down the weeks until May. Generally, once I get back into the swing of things it's not all that bad.

Funny story
About two years ago, Dave and I met with a financial planner. The meeting starts off with the planner asking Dave and I what our plans for retirement are. Dave points at me and says "She is my retirement".

Guess I better make something of myself..and soon!

Oh-and if you are wondering, yes, I am upset that my Packers lost. I told Dave I am boycotting the Superbowl..stOOpid Giants and Patriots.

1 comment:

haylee lynn... said...

i love that story... you better get crackin because isn't dave due to retire in like 2 years... just kidding!!

on a serious note, congrats to you for almost finishing 2 associate degrees... i am jealous but still very proud of you!