Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Precious Moments

Two important notes before I move on:
Marlee is a Daddy's girl. If Daddy is around, forget about Mama.
Marlee is not an affectionate, snugly baby. The only time she stops is to go to sleep.



Last night Dave had a pour at midnight so he went to bed at 5:30pm.
With Daddy sleeping, Mama and Marlee played quietly together in the family room. She would go get a book, bring it to me, sit in my lap (which she never does), and let me read to her. This went on for a good hour. Then out of nowhere, M walks over to me as I was sitting on the floor, leans down, and puts her face about and inch from my face. I thought here we go, she's going to try to bite me as we have had a problem with biting lately. I was wrong. I leaned into her and put my lips on her lips. My baby was giving me kisses! She did this three times and each time she would hold still and kiss me for 5 seconds.

Last night is one of many moments that I never want to forget. A moment when I realize every bad day is worth it for these quick, precious moments of complete contentment. A moment when I realize I have the best job in the world. A moment when I know I was meant to be a Mom.
First kisses November 17...with Mama.
Daddy has yet to get one..nenernenernener.

**Photo courtesy of my talented sissie, Lesley. You can also view her photography website here.

5 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

That is a sweet, sweet moment. I agree, all of those precious moments make up for the crazy, insane days. The kisses and squeezes are my favorite (that is until they finally say I love you unprompted, then I'm sure that will take the cake.)

Anonymous said...

My girls were not snugglers. I told Mark the other day I hope this little boy likes to snuggle. I would love to have at least 1. Sometimes now my girls will come out of the blue with a sweet moment. Katelyn will just hold my hand sometimes. I love it. Those moments are far and few between though. Enjoy them!

Jessica said...

So, so sweet. You cracked me up with the "she's going to bite me" remark though. Madeline's crazy, but she's full of sweet moments and Maison is a great hugger already. Although, I do wish at least one of them would be a daddy's girl/boy and give me a freakin' break for a minute. :)

Kristy said...

How Sweet!!! I'm sure you will cherish that moment for ever & ever:) Especially for her to just sit on your lap & give you lovin, that is so not like your little Moo!

Anonymous said...

So so so so sweet. India and Zoe are both pretty affectionate, but only as they have gotten older. It's my absolute favorite!!!!