Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Enough of the Crap!

Two weeks ago, the week of Nov 3rd, Marlee got her first bout of sickies, a cold. Yes, she didn't get sick until 16 months...pretty amazing, right? I believe she must have her Dada's rockin' immune system.

Fast forward to last week. My beloved dog, Cooper, got sick. Let's just say I dealt with a lot a crap, pun intended, and it was not pretty...not pretty at all. A trip to the vet informed us that he has colitis. Who knew dogs can get colitis. A week of meds and he's fine.


Cooper...aka Mr. Dog

On Friday (11/21) my daughter started with the diarrhea (yep, I said it) and kept it coming all weekend. I took her to the doctor yesterday as I was worried about dehydration. After checking M out, the doctor tells me it's probably a virus that just needs to ride its course.

Then, I tell her about Cooper and you can guess where this is going.

Colitis can be caused by some type of a virus or bacteria, which I knew. However, did you know dogs can get certain types of viruses or bacteria (can't remember what she said exactly) that can be passed onto humans that come into contact with the....feces (yep, I said it).

So guess what I get to do? Take Marlee's stool sample to the lab tomorrow to be tested.

On a side note, after asking me a few questions, Marlee's doc didn't seem too concerned as there are usually symptoms that Marlee's not showing. Don't worry, I won't share the symptoms. I don't want to completely gross you out!

We shall wait and see...I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

At least it'll be easy to get the stool sample. ;)

denisenfamily said...

Poor little guy. I hope he is better soon.