Sunday, November 30, 2008

Another First

With Marlee not feeling well, it has been meltdown mania at the Ross household. Sleep, what is that? Sleep has pretty much gone out the window. Last night was another rough night. After taking an hour to get Marlee to sleep, she woke up screaming at 1:00am. So, of course, I go in and rock and soothe my baby. It is now 2:00am when I return to bed. At 2:30am, I hear more screaming. Dave goes in to get her back to sleep. After about 15 minutes Dave comes back to bed...with Marlee. He put her in our bed, she snuggled into her Daddy, and feel asleep until 7:00am.
This is a first. Marlee has never, and I mean never, slept in our bed. Even when she was a tiny little baby, she slept in the pack-n-play next to the bed. This was just something Dave and I both agreed on as we did not want to form habits and Dave was so worried about suffocating her. Then once she got mobile, forget about relaxing enough to go to sleep if she's not confined to her crib.
Although I didn't sleep well, I loved having Marlee snuggled in our bed.

Sickies has brought out a whole other side of Marlee...a lovin', huggin', snugglin' side, which I am enjoying immensely!

11/29 - First time Marlee slept in Daddy and Mama's bed.
Oh, and Kristy, she is a thrasher...reminds me of someone!

On a similar yet different note, my 16 month old daughter is a jump away from crawling out of her crib. She kicks her leg over the top of the crib, straddles the rail, and laughs like she is so cute. Which, of course, she is! Lord help me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love wehn they snuggle in bed with you. My girls have never slept with us. But Katelyn still snuggles at night and she is 7. I know we have created a monster. None of them ever crawled out of their crib. I had to move them before the next one came. :)

Good Luck!

Kristy said...

Yippee!!! I am so excited she is starting to snuggle:) You have always wanted her to be a little snuggle bug:) I can't believe she is already trying to crawl out of her crib. Good luck with that, that is way way early!

Jessica said...

Ahhh, I love night snuggles. I've only brought my kids to bed on tough nights and they'll snuggle for about a minute before they start tossing, turning and squirming all around. I always end up moving them back to their beds once they're asleep, so they don't push me out of my own bed.

I can't believe she's already trying to climb out of her crib. She might end up sleeping with you lots in the months to come if she figures out how to get out on her own! :)

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Yay! Finally you get the bed cuddles. We are at 2.2 years and have still yet to have those.

MAN! I can't believe she is almost getting out of her crib. I must have angels, they don't even know climbing out is an option. =)

haylee lynn... said...

You got cuddles!! I used to love sleeping with Haylee, but for some reason she thinks our bed is playtime now. No more Haylee sleepin in our bed. I hope Marlee Moo gets back on a better sleep routine. No sleep is no fun! BTW, sucks to be you if Marlee figures out how to get completely out of the crib. I will pray for you sissy...

Anonymous said...

ooooooh.... you have you're hands full girlie!!! Luckily, she's so dang cute!