Tuesday, June 17, 2008

11 Months


After I became pregnant with Marlee Kay, known as baby no name back then, I heard a song on the radio, a song I had heard a couple of hundred times before, but there was something different about this song now that I was going to be a Mama. I remember tearing up and thinking that this is exactly how I feel about Marlee, even though I had yet to meet her. Although there are many songs that strike a cord with me, this one has lingered.
From the day I brought Marlee home from the hospital I have sang this song to her. Whether I am putting her to sleep, trying to calm her, or just want to sing to my baby, this song is always at the top of the singing list.
Now, after hearing this song day after day, month after month, Marlee hears me begin to sing the chorus and she smiles. This started a few months ago. If Marlee is having a rough time, or she can’t go to sleep, or she can’t get settled, I sing this song…instant calm and smile (usually).
Moments like this I never want to forget. I want to embed them into my mind because I know how quickly things change, how quickly they are forgotten. How quickly my baby girl is growing up. Eleven months has passed since the two of us met and my life has yet to be the same. I never knew I could feel this way, love this pure and deep. It cannot even be explained, you must be a parent, maybe even a mother, to understand.

As stated, my sweet little lovey is 11 months old. She is so fun, so, so energetic, so curious, so temper mental, so determined, so serious, so Dave and myself wrapped into one. Everyday I think, this is it, I love her more than yesterday, but how is that even possible when yesterday I thought my love could not seep any deeper? Somehow, it does. Somehow she works her way more and more into my heart.
Thank you for all the bows Auntie Kristy.
11 Months…
Marlee now has a lovey she is becoming quite attached to. His name is Mr. Bear. There are times when I grab Mr. Bear and just inhale my daughter’s scent that has now become Mr. Bear’s scent. As much as it is due time to wash Mr. Bear, I cannot bring myself to wash Marlee’s scent that lingers on her lovey.

Marlee loves the water. Whether it be a shower with Ada (Dada), a bath, or swimming in the pool…if it involves water Marlee is happy. She also loves to explore. She is so curious and just wanders aimlessly, absorbing everything that surrounds her. She loves books, rather it be Dave or I reading to her or Marlee just sitting so content flipping through a book. She loves mirrors. Give her a mirror and she will talk and talk to her “friend”, which is really just her. When will she realize this? It’s so entertaining to watch.

Marlee is now a crawling machine and also walks with the aid of furniture. She is very careful and has great balance. My prediction, she will be walking by the time she is one year old. She loves to squeal, shout, laugh, and “talk”. Her words of choice thus far (in order): Ada (Dada), MomMom, bubba, hi, dog and just last week she said ruff-ruff. She also waves.

This past month has been so much fun. Marlee is on the go from the time she wakes up until the time goes to bed. Yes, the days can get exhausting and monotonous, but there is nowhere else I’d rather be than spending my days with my sweet, loveable, temper mental, energetic, beautiful daughter.



You are my I love you baby girl...<3

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right about the love you have for your kids. There is no love like it in the world. I remember when they handed me Shelby. I thought I have never loved like this before. It is a different kind of love. It is the best kind of love.

Marlee will be running before you know it.

Jessica said...

She is so beautiful! I love the pic of her talking to herself in the mirror and she looks so toddler-like standing up! Time keeps flying. I need to come visit...

Kristy said...

I am loving teh post! So personal:) She is a doll, we are rounding the corner to 1, I still remember her birth like yesterday! Little Stinker had to be all dramatic ltke Her Aunt Stacey! What a long road to get here, I am just glad you are enjoying every minute of it, OK almost every minute. She is gonna be walking soon!!

Lesley Barr Photography said...

HOLY MOLY! Almost one AND almost walking. Marlee is a big girl now. Doesn't the time just go WAY too fast. You have so much fun ahead of you though...they only get more fun, funnier, and the love only gets bigger and better. Sweet post and pictures.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!! Time flies way too fast, huh? It just gets better and better though!! you'll see.