Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where does the time go?

Marlee Kay is 2 months old!!
It's the weirdest thing...Sometimes I look at my daughter and I can't believe she is already two months old! And other times it feels like she has always been apart of our family and I can't even think about what it was like before her! It's surreal.
What a difference a month makes. She has started interacting with her Mama and Dada so much! She smiles...and laughs!! She will talk and talk...and you had better pay attention and talk back or else she gets upset...it's the cutest thing! When I snuggle Marlee or lie her down, she will just lie there, look around and take everything in. I love to just watch her as she sees something for the first time. When she wakes up and cries for me or Dada, she instantly calms down once she hears our voice and we pick her up...only two months old and she is already comforted and soothed by us.
She had her doctors appointment yesterday and she is already 10 pounds and 23 1/2 inches long...long and skinny just like her Dada! I call her my lil' stringbean! She had to get four shots and she cried harder than I have ever heard her cry =( It broke my heart. After a few minutes she was over it...I think it upset me more than it upset her!
She is so strong! When I try to burp her she throws her head back and when I place her on her tummy for tummy time she can already turn her head from one side to the other.
She amazes me everyday and I am so lucky and blessed to have such an amazing husband and perfect daughter.
Life is good!

Breaking out of her *cocoon* first thing in the morning.

6 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Haha @ Marlee breaking free. Don't you just love to watch them learn. I could sit all day and watch the crazies learn and do new things.
Jeff says the same thing....it feels like they've been a part of our lives forever...we can barely remember when they weren't here. Time flies..enjoy every single moment!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is 2 months. I love this new stage when they start interacting with you and thier personality comes through. It is so fun. Mark and I said the same thing about it feeling like they have always been here. I can't remember life without them.

Kristy said...

How sweet! I can't believe it has been 2 months!! You are so right about being so blessed!! Sweet sweet baby, we love her!!

haylee lynn... said...

Marlee is so cute!! I could just eat her!! I love that she is 1 month ahead of Haylee because I get to hear all the cool things that Haylee will be doing very soon! I can't wait!!

Dara & the Boys said...

Life will never be the same, I just knew that one day you would feel that way. It's like once they come into your life all the things you thought were important are no longer. It's all about that beautiful little girl and how to make her happy and keep her healthy. You are the cutest little string bean a Auntie could have. We love you Marlee!

haylee lynn... said...

You are slackin sissy... where are some more photos of my sweet little Marlee Moo??