Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our Christmas

Yes, I'm running a little behind this year...

We had a wonderful Holiday.



Christmas Eve...
Was a pajama party at my parent's house. We ate yummy food, opened presents, and the bigger kids frosted sugar cookies.



Christmas morning...
My husband is an early riser, and by early I mean like 4:00am. So Christmas morning he woke me up at 7:30 and asked if we could wake Marlee. I, of course, told him no way. We sat around and waited, and waited, and waited. Around 8:30 Dave and I got impatient and opened our presents from one another.



Finally, just before 9:00, Marlee woke up. She had Elmo Live waiting for her under the tree from Santa and a few presents from Dada and Mama to open. It was so fun watching her get into the wrapping paper. I can only imagine how fun it will be next year.




Her list of presents:

Santa...
Elmo Live
Elmo movie and toothbrush in her stocking

Dada and Mama...
My first laptop
Sandra Boynton books
Pajamas

And Dada got her a special ceramic angel. The tag was addressed to "my little angel." This is the second year that Dave has gotten M something special just from him and it makes my heart go pitter patter.

Christmas day was spent running around like a crazy person to get out of the house to spend the day with family. It ended with a dinner out in Pahrump that my Grandma Bea hosts every year and a major snow storm on our way home.

I'm a little perturbed that I did not have one picture taken of Dave, Marlee, and me on Christmas. We did, however, take a picture in front of our tree a couple of days after Christmas with the new DSLR Camera my husband surprised me with on Christmas. But I'll have to post that another day!

Thought I would share my 2008 Holiday Card with you too!

I hope your holiday was overflowing with as much love and joy as mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally A Christmas post. I am glad you guys had a good one. I heard the pass was pretty bad between here and Pahrump. Glad you guys got to see everyone though.

Jessica said...

Such a nice Christmas post. Dave is such a great daddy. So, so sweet. I didn't get a pic of us on Christmas either. I got one of the kids by my mom's tree, but they were both mad and looking in opposite directions.

I still want to see that storyboard!