Thursday, December 18, 2008

One Year Five Months

My beloved daughter is 17 months old, one year five months. I can’t even believe it. I blinked and in one year, Marlee went from this:


December 2007

to this:

December 2008

My big girl.
She is growing up entirely too fast. Her personality and vocabulary are exploding. A busy bee she is. Around 12 to 14 months when people would ask me if she is walking yet, my response was no, she does not walk, she runs. My daughter runs from the moment she wakes up until the moment her head hits her mattress.

My big girl.
I will say that this past month of sickies has brought out a different side of Marlee Kay. She has become quite the snuggler. Now, before nap and bedtime she will let me rock and read to her. Before she would not sit still long enough. If she starts to get antsy and tries to sit up, I will say you want to go in your bed? She will lay back down and freeze, understanding exactly what I am saying.



New developments these past few months:
-teeth. She has so many teeth, twelve total and working on thirteen. Four front top, four front bottom, four first year molars, and she is cutting on of her canines.

-she knows eyes, nose, mouth, and button (belly button). I will ask, Marlee, where is my/your nose? She will then point to my or her nose and say I, everything is I. Whether she is pointing to her nose, mouth, button, or eye, it is I.

-tantrums. As I stated in my previous post, tantrums are a daily, probably hourly, occurrence. It is quite amusing to watch.

-biting. Need I write more?



Marlee’s Favorites
-she still loves checking out her reflection in mirrors and windows. She will do something silly and watch herself.

-she can’t get enough of books. The bookworm in me loves that she loves books.

-eating the dog’s food. Every chance she gets, she runs into the laundry room, grabs and handful of dog food,and shoves it in her mouth.

-the Bubba’s (aka dogs), Cooper especially. Every dog is CooCa.

-crackers. M would eat crackers for all three meals if I let her. Numerous times a day she goes to the kitchen, points to the counter, and says QuaQua over and over. However, do not give her a broken cracker. Somehow she knows the difference and she throws a fit until we give her a "whole" cracker.

-bath time. She loves taking baths and running around the house naked after bath time.

-going to the park, especially swinging on the swings.

-Daddy. Definitely her all time fav. At the end of the day when I hear Dave in the garage I say Marlee, who is it? She gets so excited. Throughout the day she will walk around the house saying Da-ddy.

-Mr. Bear, Mr. Dog, Mr. Frog. Her three lovey's. However, Mr. Bear is by far her fav, followed by Mr. Dog.

-Elmo. Or as Marlee says, Oh.

-climbing. Marlee climbs on everything…furniture, into her hi chair, up onto our pony wall (this one scares the hell out of me), almost out of her crib, our patio furniture, up ladders, and anywhere else that looks tempting.



Marlee’s Vocabulary
Man oh man is her vocabulary exploding. She is one smart little girl. These days, she repeats about anything we say. Her choice of words are: Da or Da-ddy, MomMom, baba (bottle), CooCa (Cooper), quaqua (cracker), Oh (Elmo), ball, hi, hot, dadie (baby)…
Other words: cup, park, bath, poop, doggie, moo, shoes, and many more.

She sings the ABC’s. Well, her version of the ABC’s. This is by far her favorite song for us to sing to her. She also sings the chorus of Old Mcdonald, the E-I-E-I-O.

Oh how I adore this girl.

As a side note, November was probably one of the hardest, most challenging months for Mama. Between sickies, tantrums, sleep deprivation, and clinginess I happily embraced December.

The photos of M outside in the brown dress and the middle photo courtesy of my sister, Lesley. You can also view her work here and here.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Well, I know you were bummed when you lost it, but I must say it was well worth the wait. What a sweet sweet post for my sweet little niece:) She is such a busy busy bee. It makes me sad I am so far away from all the excitement. Some of Alexee's 1st words were all of her Auntie's names. So sad, now there are so many I feel like we are not close enough to them. It goes by so so fast, I am glad you are cherishing it. This is where it gets good & fun:)Kiss her for me.

Lesley Barr Photography said...

I am glad December is going better for you. Marlee is such a sweet, little, busy bee honey. I love that she is always on the go like my Shenzie Bear. The time does go by so quickly. Yay for cuddles. Finally you get some cuddly loving!! You are very blessed (which you know) and I know you do cherish every single moment, good and bad with your little Marlee Moo.

Thanks for the linky links. =)

Anonymous said...

What a busy bee she is. She is at my favortie stage where they are learning new things and seeing how far they can go. I love it. My girls were all Daddy's girls. They still are. I told Mark I am determined that this little man is a mama's boy. We'll see. I am glad you are enjoying everything with M. You waited a long time for her. Enjoy it all!

Anonymous said...

She is such a beautiful little thing, you are so very lucky to have her and she is lucky to have you!!!