Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Peanut's Results

My Marlee Kay is allergic to peanuts, egg whites, and dog dander. Let's discuss these outcomes one by one shall we...

Peanuts. As we figured. The allergy is rated 1 to 5 with 5 being the most severe. Marlee is a 3.

Egg whites. Marlee is also rated a 3 for egg whites.

Dog dander came in at a 2.

Marlee's pedi wants to retest in 6 months. In regards to the rating scale, a person with an allergy rating of a 1 has a good chance of growing out of the allergy and a 5 is severe. So I guess time will tell.

In regards to the dog dander, the doctor does not seem too concerned. Neither of my dogs shed and it is the dander she is allergic to, not the actual dog. I too am allergic to dogs. Also, Marlee has shown no signs of being bothered by the dander.

Initially, one might think egg whites are not so bad, but think about it...pastas, baked breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, cake, most types of pastries have egg in them. My poor peanut is going to have to bring her own special cupcake to birthday parties.

So, it could have been better news. It could also have been a lot worse. I was so worried the test was going to come back positive for dairy or wheat. Now that would have been awful. Hopefully we can get a handle on her eczema.

It is late and I am tired. My apologies if this post does not seem too articulate. The words just don't seem to be flowing out of me.

5 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Ugh. That sucks BIG time. Like you said, it is bad enough, but luckily it isn't worse. Whole Foods is your new best friend since they have lots of dairy free products. Keeping all of our fingers crossed that she outgrows the allergies. And I'll hide the peanut butter crackers next time. =)

Jessica said...

Oh no, no PB&J's! It must have been your good mommy insticts that told you to take your time introducing her to the stuff that has a high risk for allergies. It is nice that maybe you now have an answer for the eczema. I hope for you all that she outgrows it because that's kinda sucky...

Anonymous said...

Mark was allergic to everything when he was a kid. He has grown out of most of them. He was so allergic to milk as a kid he couldn't have any. Now he drinks it dailey with no reaction. Hopefully Marlee will grow out of hers. I am sure she will. Your such a great Mommy for catching the signs.

Kristy said...

I am so so sorry my little peanut has all the allergies!! She is lucky you are her Mama & you will take excellent care of her!! That does suck though!! My poor little Moo Moo!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe her nickname peanut has something to do with it?????

Sorry Marlee Moo and Ange too...

love,
mom