Monday, October 20, 2008

My lil' Peanut

Well, my poor little peanut is allergic to peanuts.





A little back story...
Last Wednesday (Oct 15) Marlee and I went over to her cousins house to play. The kids are playing while Lesley and I visit. I look over and see Marlee take a bite of Shenzie's cracker with peanut butter, which she had yet to be introduced to. Very little peanut butter I might add as Shenzie had scraped most of it off. I really thought nothing of it. Marlee is 15 months old and has never had a reaction to any type of food that we know of, nor do Dave or I.
Well..
Before I left Lesley's house, I noticed what looked like scratches on Marlee's chin. About two hours later I lifted her shirt and she was covered in hives. After completely freaking out I called her pediatrician. Her wonderful doctor told me the signs to watch for throughout the night and go straight to the emergency room if Marlee's tongue swelled up or if she had trouble breathing. After two doses of benadryl and a very worried Mommy who slept all of three hours, Marlee is fine.
However..
We had to take Marlee to get some blood work done for allergy testing. Due to her horrible eczema, her pediatrician thinks she might have other allergies.
So..
Thursday Dave and I took our daughter to get the blood work done. It was awful watching her get poked and poked and poked until the nurse finally found a vein. Marlee was quite the trooper though. Of course she screamed, but she calmed down the minute we picked her up. Brave girl!
The results should be in later this week. Dave and I are crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.
Figures, right?






PS-Photos courtesy of my sister Kristy. Thanks for taking all the great photos of Marlee this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoe had to go through all of that recently... good luck, hopefully the news won't be too bad and at least you will know for sure what she has issues with... no surprises!

She is getting so big and gorgeous. You girls make such beautiful babies!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad her reastion wasn't to severe. Hopefully the test come back good. I am sure they will. I love the pictures. She is making the silliest faces. What a cutie. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!