Monday, October 6, 2008

Day after Day after Day


Marlee Kay climbing up and sitting on my office chair.

Well, Marlee finally figured it out. We knew in time this would happen as Marlee is nothing but fearless.
Here is a play-by-play of what went down Friday night:
I am in the office working and Dave is watching Marlee.
Before long I hear...
Dave: Marlee, where are you? Marlee??? Babe is she in there with you?
Me: Nope.
So, of course I start looking for Marlee and I just knew. Yep, she had crawled out Cooper and Mollie (my dogs) very little doggie door and was just standing outside wondering what all the fuss was about. This would be a first in her book of many firsts.
Okay, back to work for about another 30 minutes. When I emerge from the office Dave says to me...
Marlee is crazy! Not only did she crawl out the doggie door, she also climbed on the ottoman and stood up laughing (her new favorite thing). Then I took her outside on the patio and, once again, she was missing (don't worry people, our patio is gated). You know where she was? She had somehow gotten in between the back of the barbecue and the fence and was hanging on the fence.
My reply: Welcome to my day after day after day.......

Ahhhh...the life of a work at home Mama, and I wouldn't change it for a thing!

A big thanks to Madeline from Marlee for the pretty dress and the rest of the clothes! Marlee loves them.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

She looks so cute! Funny thing, though. You gave that dress Marlee's wearing in the pic to Madeline for her 1st birthday. You have good taste!

I remember when Madeline first started crawling out our doggy door. It happens so fast, like they plan it and make a break for it the second they sense you're not paying 100% attention to them. Crazy kids!

Angela said...

Jessica-I thought that dress looked familiar.....=)

Anonymous said...

oooooh you are so going to have your hands full!!!! Too cute.

Anonymous said...

The word Buzz Saw comes to mind when Grama Mary nicknamed you, HUM! wonder where she gets it from!!
Love,
grama jan