Monday, May 5, 2008

Finals

I'm in the home stretch. One more week..I can do this!

So, I almost convinced myself to take the summer off. Almost. I had big plans for this summer, none of which included school. I want to enjoy my backyard and pool with M, organize my closets, scrapbook, bake more, start sewing, work out, take a family trip, etc. I caved and decided to take just one class. Don't fret, it's going to be a difficult class and it's of course most of the summer.

On a side note...As the animal lover that I am, I condemn horse racing. If you watched the Kentucky Derby this weekend you will know why..heartbreaking. After poor Barbaro a couple of years ago and now Eight Belles. If these horse's owners, trainers, or riders truly loved their animals they would not subject them to racing. All for a silly race.

More randomness..
Last night Dave and I made pork ribs, potato salad, and fresh corn on the cob for dinner. I also made the best apple crisp for dessert. When I get time I will post the potato salad and apple crisp recipe. Although, as usual, I didn't follow a recipe for the potato salad, so it's a little of this and that. You can blame my Mom and Grandma for this. The ribs recipe is also oh so delicious, but it's a Brad recipe, so you'll just have to bother him for it! I don't want him to sue me. =)

I know, very random post. Well, I'm off to start finals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad's ribs are THE BEST!!! You'll have to post the potatoe salad recipe. I have never made potatoe salad before.

Good luck with your finals!!!

Kristy said...

Ya for Finals!!Bummer you have to take summer school!I'll think of you when I'm veggin in my pool, ya right! There is noooo veggin with these little monsters around!! Next time you make some grub like that you better call me over for dinner!I want the salad recipe!

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Good luck with finals!!! Girl, you should have taken the summer off - with your nice pool and yard you're going to wish you had!