Saturday, May 10, 2008

Motherhood Means..

In honor of my first Mother's Day.
What Motherhood means to me...
patience
selflessness
learning to let go...of so many things
giggles
giving yourself endlessly
laundry, lots of laundry
monotony
courage
sacrifice
stretch marks
contentment
smiles every day
devotion
appreciating the little things
structure
exhaustion
caring about our world and what's to come
perspective
sadness
happiness
early mornings
empathy
constant fear
cuddles
learning everyday
tears
compassion
understanding
kisses
loving so deep, deeper than I ever thought possible

The picture above is the first time I held my little angel. My life has never been the same since.

2 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Happy Mother's Day. Perfect list. The love will only get deeper and deeper. We are so lucky and blessed.

Kristy said...

What a list!!! I couldn't have said it any better myself! Which one is the hardest, the learning to let go? I am suprised at how well you do let go! I have learned that letting go on one hand can make life sooo much easier, repeat the on one hand:) Brad really helps me remember to let go & let them be kids, without him I may be even crazier :) Is that possible! Motherhood was worth all those years of hell I'm sure! You can't explain it till you have it, & then you can't imagine life without it!!