Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pickin' Apples



This past weekend Dave, Marlee, and I went to Gilcrease Orchard. Who knew we had an orchard practically in our own back yard. Imagine my excitement! We paid a couple of bucks to enter into the orchard and then we picked our own fruits and vegetables. At this time of year they have apples, pears, peaches, eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers, all varieties of squash, and more.

Marlee picking a zucchini.

Our pickings for the day.

I had such a blast going up and down the aisles of trees and picking the apples. That’s probably why we left with 9 pounds of apples!
I’m off to make zucchini bread, bars, casseroles, pancakes…and apple pie, turnovers, chips, butter, muffins….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really cool. I need to look into going there... India and Zoe would love to do something like that!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow you got a ton. I thought they only had apples there. I will have to take the girls.

They would love it.

Jessica said...

Ahhh, sounds so much like fall. Now I'm going to have go to get apples for pie. Or maybe I'll just come over and eat yours! :)