Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Kiss

Another birthday came and went.


Tonight Dave and Marlee took me to dinner for my birthday. As we were eating dessert, hey-it's me birthday remember, I leaned down and asked Marlee for a kiss. She leaned into my lips with her mouth open wide and gave me the most edible kiss. I asked her for another kiss and she leaned into me again and planted another kiss right on my lips...so sweet. Only later did I realize the ice cream I was eating might have had something to do with all the kisses. Still, this ranks right up there with last year . What a difference a year makes.



After we got home from dinner I tried getting a few pictures of Marlee and I. As usual she was not cooperating, so this is what Dave did to get her to hold still:


Yes, he stuck her in the bushes.
She will not touch the bushes to work her way out. Same goes with grass. If Marlee falls in grass, she just sits there with her hands out, rocking back and forth on her butt until Dave or I come to her aid.


My two most precious gifts. Thanks Sugar for making my birthday so special, as usual. I heart you forever.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I know I say it lots, but she is just so beautiful! Sounds like you had a good birthday. One more year and you'll be 30 like me! How crazy is that?

That's so funny about the grass and the bushes. What a girly girl.

:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

My girls were the same way when it came to grass. So funny.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!!!! I hope it was a good one!

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Great photos. She is such a little cutie pie!

Kristy said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Those are great pictures you got:) I am glad you had a good day, Uncle Dave always does a good job:)