Tuesday, October 2, 2007

What's a crazy Mama to do?

I have officially become one of those crAzY Mama's...
Marlee Kay is 12 weeks today...I know, I can't believe it either. Last week I decided it was time to start talking about moving her out of our bedroom and into her crib. She has slept through the night in her bassinet since we brought her home and now sleeps from about 9:00 to 6:00...sorry Kristy. Most naps throughout the day she takes in her crib and she loves it! I am having a really hard time with this so I decided to go to Dave for the strength I so desperately need...big mistake. Here is how our conversation went down last week:

Ang-Babe, I have decided it is about time we move Marlee into her crib at night
Dave-(with look of sadness)-I'm not sure I am ready for that...
What? Not what I needed to hear, right? I said this weekend (which was last weekend) we are going to make the transition. Well, weekend came and went and neither Dave or I brought the issue up as we put her to bed in our room. Looks like I am going to have to be the strong one since Dada's obviously not going to.
My new goal is to have her in her crib by October 10, which is when she turns 3 months...can I do it?

I know, I know, I am one of those crazy Mama's that I used to laugh at...I remember telling Kristy when she was having a hard time moving Alexee into her crib "what's the big deal"-I so so so get it now! Poor Marlee...she has a crazy Mama...and Dada :)

Any words of encouragement would be great...:)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

You can so do this, and she will be fine!! You are teaching her how to self sooth, which is great, I made a HUGE mistake, Alexee is 4 & still can't put herself to sleep! The 1st few nights will suck, you may even cry, but it does get easier & after about a week you will both be sleeping better!! You didn't buy a beautiful crib to look at! Put the baby in the crib :) I know easier said than done!

Unknown said...

You are very different than your crazy mama, I couldn't wait to get the baby out of my room.. I couldn't sleep, every noise, roll over, squirm well, you see where I'm going.
She is still in the same house right???? Just kidding, you are not crazy I have often said the things we do for our children are harder on us a parents!!!!
You and Dave will be fine, Cowboy Up..

Jessica said...

I was like your mama- Madeline was in her crib by 5 weeks. It was early and she didn't really even notice, so I was lucky that way. Just remember she'll only be this little once and you'll look back at these crazy tough decisions and wonder why you pushed it if you weren't ready. Go with your heart.