Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Oh the Irony..

Kindness, generosity, respect, knowledge, responsibility, courtesy...blah, blah, blah

A few of the character traits that Dave and I feel are essential to life. Traits that we will instill in Marlee. We were having this "profound" conversation over the weekend. Talking about things we feel are important in life and the type of parents we hope to be.
So, Dave says something like I hope she finds an honest, decent, hard working husband.
I say I can only hope she can be as lucky as me and find a husband she can be proud of. A husband that puts his families needs and wants before his own.
His response: Babe, I don't know how okay I'll be if she brings home some forty year old guy.

All I could do was laugh...ironic, right? I guess this is going to be one of the many "do as I say not as I do" conversations with Marlee...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it... Dave is cracking me up right now!!!

Thingy said...

I do not know you.

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Who is the creepy chopped liver?

That is SOOO funny! Doesn't being a parent change just about every view you had. What was once ok is now over my dead, lifeless body!!

Unknown said...

Oh come on now Dave, it has worked great for our daughter. We couldn't have asked for a better husband for our Ange....