Wednesday, July 9, 2008

07.09.07

One year ago today, Dave and I were headed to the hospital. I remember thinking how surreal it was to know that when we left the hospital it would be with our baby girl. It wasn’t just Dave and I anymore. I had so many feelings, so many emotions as we walked hand in hand into labor and delivery.

A little back story…
I had an induction date scheduled for Monday, July 9th at 8:00pm. I had reservations about getting induced from the moment it was scheduled, hoping my little baby no name would work her way down when she was good and ready (comical, I know), but after three weeks of being dilated to a fingertip and 50% effaced I gave up. Throughout my great pregnancy, I heard time and time again that by the end of my pregnancy I would be so miserable and so ready to have Marlee Kay, to meet her and hold her and know that she was healthy, but I wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong, I was miserable, it was hot, I was so so swollen, peeing every hour, and I had heartburn from hell. However, knowing this would probably be the only time I was pregnant made me sad.

I will save my birth story for another day, or maybe I won't.

Tomorrow, July 10th at 5:09pm, my daughter will have been a part of this world, my whole world, for one year. One year has passed. Tonight she had a rough time going to sleep. I happily rocked her and just stared at her in amazement. How much she’s grown this past year, how much she is so different but just the same…

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Reservations, is that what you call it? I think I remember you tried to cancel it once or twice? I didn't know that is why you hesitated being induced, I thought you were just scared. I never thought about it the other way, you where cherishing EVERY miserable moment, what a good Mama you are :) She is one! WoW! Happy Birhtday Little Marlee Moo!!
07.09 ~ Ted's Birhtday! You were induced on a lucky day :)

Kristy said...

Oops, I meant were cherishing, not where cherishing!!

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Happy Birthday Marlee Moo!!! I can't believe she is already one. Holy Cow!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday to your little one!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is already 1. How time flies.

Happy Birthday Marlee!!!!