Monday, November 12, 2007

Four Months

Well, my little Marlee Moo turned four months last Saturday. Time is passing at lightening speed! I am so sad to see that she is not a teeny tiny baby that Dave and I brought home from the hospital and to think that I will never get that time back...but oh so happy to watch her grow into this little being..this little life just oozing with personality. At her four month well check she weighed in at 14 pounds 15 ounces (60th percentile) and measured 26 1/2 inches long (75th percentile).
What a difference a month makes..
This past month she found her hands and feet..they go straight into her mouth along with anything else she can get her hands on. She has gotten so strong and can now sit in the Bumbo unassisted..this was a sad day for me.



When I put her on the activity mat she now reaches for the toys and of course they go straight to her mouth. Her favorite toy is definitely the bouncy chair. I usually put her in this on the counter when I cook dinner and she loves it. Daddy will rock the bouncy like crazy and she loves it! It's so cute, she kicks her left foot and laughs and laughs!



Marlee is so happy. When she first wakes up in the morning and after naps she talks and talks. Once she sees me or Dada she gets this big ole' smile and starts kicking her feet. If she wakes up crying or upset I know she hasn't gotten enough sleep.

She thinks the weirdest sounds are so funny. She laughs when I sneeze, cough, clear my throat,or sip coffee.
I am still swaddling her for naps and bedtime. This past week I have started leaving her arms out. She sleeps all kicked back with her arms behind her head..it's so darn cute. When I first get her up I put her arms around my neck and she gives me hugs...she is edible.

Dave is so perfect with her..she is his little "Pumpkin". I love to watch him with her..seeing his strong hands be so gentle with her..my heart is so full of love at times I think it could burst..<3

4 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Very sweet letter. Don't you love her little laugh. The babies still laugh if I cough or sneeze. I know the feeling that your heart is so full of love and happiness that you might burst. I want to squeeze them silly some times.

Kristy said...

I love the post! She is so full of personality! What a sweet pic of her & Dave, little girls just melt their hearts!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of her and Dave. She is going to be a daddy's girl. can you believe how fast time goes by. I keep wondering where the last 11 years have gone.

She is such a beautiful girl!

Dara & the Boys said...

4 months already!!! I'm so glad you have your blog to keep us updated. She is so sweet in the bumbo, I want one, do you think I would look half as cute as Marlee? probably not.. I'm curious to find out if she is daddy's or mommy's little girl. She's still a beautiful LITTLE baby to me.