Thursday, January 7, 2010

We Have Pee...

Today was the day

For the past week or so, Dave and I have been putting MK on the potty here and there, but she had yet to go pee pee on the toe toe (as we call it).

Today was different. She woke up (at 7:45am) and went from night time diaper to Minnie big girl panties immediately. Finally, after much practice and constant potty talk, MK peed on her little toilet around 11:35am.
Yes, my daughter must have a big bladder like me. She only pees a couple of times a day, but when she pees, she pees. As you can see from the picture.

Doesn't she look so proud of herself? Or it could be the sudden shock from the bright flash.
I danced, hollered, and clapped my hands. As a special treat for going pee pee Dave and I took her to the library after her nap. She was over the moon excited! I have never met a kid that loves the library like my little MK. She was also treated to chocolate in her milkie.

I am so proud of you my Marlee Kay. Just one more step that takes you from baby to big girl.

And because I have to document everything...
Day 1
-panties on at 7:45am
-went pee pee at 11:35am
-diaper wet after nap
-went pee pee at 6:30pm
-went pee pee at 7:15pm
That's it! Other than nap time, MK was dry all day. She seems to have caught on quickly. We'll see what the upcoming days hold.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow that's awesome! When they're ready, they're ready that's for sure. I too have NEVER met a kid who loves the library like your little MK. And you're hilarious for posting pee on your blog. :)

Denise said...

Yay!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ya, Marlee Kay!! Did you sing the potty in the toe toe song while you danced, it makes a difference you know...
Sorry about the icky sickies!!
Love you,
grama jan